Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Manon Lescaut Critique

Manon Lescaut Critique

Manon Lescaut was a very enjoyable opera from start to finish. This critique will show what I thought about it.

What I didn't like

I found nothing to not like about this opera. After listening to it on CD for over five years, watching it on video got me to fully understand the story behind it.

What I did like

The major thing that I liked about this opera was that it featured the soprano Kiri Te Kanawa. This was the first time I ever saw her sing in an opera, and enjoy her passionate voice. I saw Kiri Te Kanawa on other occasions, but this one was nothing compared to those occasions. This made me look forward to seeing her in other operas in the future.

Another thing that I liked about this opera was that it got me to hear parts of the opera that I have not heard on my CD yet. As soon as I get a chance, I will listen to these parts either whilie I am on my computer, or in my car.

Special Aspects

The only special aspect was that this opera featured another singer that I heard about named Placido Domingo. I found this to be a real pleasure to hear from a famous tenor as well as a famous soprano. I am hoping to hear or see something featuring things like this again.

No comments: